With more than 450 thousand man hours annually, Halo strives to achieve an overall total recordable incident rate (TRIR) and overall lost-time frequency rate (LTFR) of zero. Halo is committed to providing employees with equipment, training, and best practices to achieve a shared goal of zero incidents. Halo strives to have employees return safely to their families every day.
Halo’s innovative safety program has set standards for the construction industry. Our achievements include:
- Safety Management System—a web-based service used to reduce time spent creating safety reports, improve accuracy of tracking, provide real-time safety statistics, and help analyze trends using graphical data.
- Behavioral Based Safety—teaching employees to eliminate hazards and dangerous conditions by correcting unsafe behavior through positive coaching.
- Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Manuals—a comprehensive system of policies, procedures, guidelines, and practices for performing work safely.
- In addition to everyday safety programs and practices, Halo welcomes and regularly undergoes thorough safety audits.
Operator Qualifications, OQ
- Halo Services is Veriforce, Energy WorldNet and NCCER operator qualified for DOT oil and gas pipeline work.
Bringing Safety Home
Halo recognizes that its most valuable assets are its employees. Halo is dedicated to providing and maintaining a safe and healthy work environment for all employees at work and at home. By demonstrating and communicating the importance of safety with family, friends, and neighbors, Halo’s safety culture extends beyond its job sites and offices and out into the community at large.